A year ago, U.S. Sen. David Vitter was the most popular elected official in the State of Louisiana. Today, his stunning and meteoric fall from grace is largely attributable to his own failings.

This is the new Louisiana.
12019919_10100302379520841_1199391803825008376_n

H/t The Lens

And:

Screen Shot 2015-10-25 at 3.30.23 AM

Screen Shot 2015-10-25 at 3.10.59 AM

Screen Shot 2015-10-25 at 3.22.30 AM

6 thoughts

  1. Result of 1987 La. gubernatorial primary election:
    Buddy Roemer 33%
    Edwin Edwards 28%
    Edwards (with huge name recognition and “brand awareness”) was so bitter about his showing (and so certain of impending defeat) that he withdrew, leaving Roemer as the elected governor of Louisiana.

    Result of 2015 La. gubernatorial primary election:
    John Bel Edwards 40%
    David Vitter 23%
    Vitter (with huge name recognition and “brand awareness”) . . . .

  2. I agree that David Vitter has caused some of his own problems, but it didn’t hurt that his main opponent was John Bel Edwards. Comparing those two men is like comparing good to evil, and there’s nothing good about Vitter.

  3. if you add the other Democrats percentages of 3% it gives Edwards a total of 43%. (40% + 3%) If you add Vitter’s 23% plus other republicans of 34% it’s a total of 57%. (23% + 19% + 15%)

  4. What’s the new magic number for a Democrat? I remember in ’86 when I was working for Breaux it was forty-something percent. N.J. Sabiston would remember if you run her down and ask. But back then it was one Republican and Breaux and a small field of Democrats. It’s a Brave New World, but not the one we would all wish for. [Lapes into a drunken celebratory “Every Man A King”]. Still 11% is a steep hill to climb.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s