Running a John Fleming press release as a legitimate and objective news story with no byline and an obviously slanted perspective:
Stated as expository fact, not as a quote and not referenced:
The No Cost Stimulus Act of 2009 would help ensure our economy flourishes and that the laws that have crippled businesses are scaled back to their original intent.
1. Saves or creates more than 2 million long-term, sustainable and well paying jobs.
2. Dramatically increases GDP that could well exceed $10 trillion over the next 30 years.
3. Reduces the cost of energy to manufacturers, all U.S. businesses and low-income families. On top of helping businesses compete internationally it reduces the cost of a key input so that resources may be used on other purchases or employee hiring.
4. Will have a significant positive impact on low-income families, as this is the equivalent of receiving a stimulus check. As the price of energy decreases a family may direct the extra money towards other needs.
5. Achieves these goals while not incurring huge amounts of debt payable to foreign governments and leveraged against our own children’s future.
6. Has a direct and significant impact on reducing our dependence on foreign oil.
So, what’s the plan?
Opening up ANWR!
I love how the same folks who believe it’s better to discard stem cells than to use them for scientific research also believe that the future of our economy is in drilling for oil.