ONLY 18 DAYS LEFT TO REGISTER!!!
Just a note to everyone: under Louisiana Law you must be registered to vote a full 30 days prior to any election you wish to vote in. So, with 48 days left until the Nov 4th Presidential Elections that means there are only 18 days left to register.
That means that Friday, October 3rd is the last day to complete your registration.
I suggest doing so sooner lest your votes not be counted. Even if you have registered previously you may have been automatically deregistered without your knowledge for a variety of administrative reasons. Contact your local registrar of voters to verify your registration status:
- Rapides Parish: 318-473-8153 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Grant: 318-627-3246 email@example.com
- Natchitoches: 318-352-8152 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Avoyelles: 318-253-7523 email@example.com
- Allen: 337-639-4351 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vernon: 337-238-1384 email@example.com
- Sabine: 318-256-6223 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Evangeline: 337-363-5671 email@example.com
- LaSalle: 318-992-2158, Ext. 21 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Catahoula: 318-744-5497 email@example.com
- Concordia: 318-336-4204 firstname.lastname@example.org
You may register by mail or by filling out a quick application at the nearest location of the following:
- Louisiana Department of Motor Vehicle offices
- Louisiana Department of Social Services offices and WIC offices, Food Stamp offices, and Medicaid offices
- Offices serving persons with disabilities, such as the Deaf Action Centers and Independent Living offices
- Armed Forces Recruitment offices
** Did you notice that last one — Military Recruiters, any of their offices which almost never have a line.
Finally, if you are registered, don’t forget you have the option of voting early.
From the Secretary of State’s office:
Early Voting, In Person (R.S. 18:1303)
YOU DO NOT NEED A REASON TO VOTE EARLY! All voters may vote early, just like they are voting on Election Day.
Voters who want to vote early for any election may do so in person at their parish Registrar of Voters office from fourteen days to seven days prior to any scheduled election. Refer to the Schedule of Elections for early voting time periods for upcoming elections.
When you go to your parish Registrar of Voters office to cast your vote, be sure to take a driver’s license, a Louisiana Special ID, or some other generally recognized picture ID. The Registrars will open from 8:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. for each day of early voting.